My son’s a grot. He’s outside all the time, loves to eat with his whole face, sit in puddles and has had a runny nose for about two months. It’s totally cool. I think we all wish we could be grots most days. So this got me thinking; if I was a grot, what would I wear? Stretchy pants, absolutely. Pants I could high kick in, pretend to karate kick-n-sweep, jumping pants, climbing pants, scratch and sniff pants, and pass out in the hallway on my face pants.
- Grab a pair of your grot’s current jeans.
- Measure the length and add an inch on the top and on the bottom.
- Trace out a big letter ‘U’, like a harem pant.
- Sew the sides of the U together, turn over the top of the pants an inch for the elastic, and same for the bottom of each leg.
- Measure the elastic around your kid’s waist and ankles.
- Cut the elastic and weave it with a mega safety pin through each folded cuff.
- Cut off all the loose threads, turn inside out and WHAM… Pants for Grots.