I’m a fan, a pretty big one, of creative Melbourne blogger, Pip Lincolne from Meet Me At Mikes. A blogger from way back, this chick has released books filled with exciting cakes, craft, granny square how tos and positivity plus commentary on life in general.
I think she’s awesome.
Miss Pip has inspired me to do a little stocktake of life, in general. This stocktake was loads of fun to do and made me realise that even though it’s fucking hard to wake up daily at 5.15am with a dinosaur stabbed into your eyelid, it’s totally worth it to see some cracking sunrises that have been sneaking into our sky.
Go on, try it. Take stock and see what you come up with.
*notice I didn’t mention jeggings once.
Ali Webb Takes Stock
- Making : pants for my kid that he can high kick in
- Cooking : grains
- Drinking : sparkling (or as I like to say, Sparkly) water
- Reading: Ian Fleming’s On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Wanting: time for my garden
- Looking: at sunsets and sunrises. Melbourne, you’re so pretty at this time of year.
- Playing: with diggers, cranes and bikes
- Deciding: whether I like Sandra Bullock or not
- Wishing:for a sweet, sweet holiday
- Enjoying: my son and the vast array of salted caramel ice cream around
- Waiting: for Halloween so I can teach myself how to carve a pumpkin
- Liking: this weather. A LOT.
- Wondering: why I always thought monkeys came from eggs
- Loving: teaching my kid how to dance
- Pondering: about becoming a vegetarian
- Considering: a road trip
- Watching: A lot of James Bond films
- Hoping: my son will eat what I’ve made him for tea
- Marvelling: the sensational community that I live in
- Needing: a new pair of runners
- Smelling: jasmine and lavender in my garden
- Following: too many bloggers and instagrammers
- Noticing: awesome clouds
- Knowing: that monkeys do not come from eggs
- Thinking: how can I James Bond-ify my life
- Feeling: pumped
- Admiring: my family. All. The. Time.
- Sorting: Sorted.Use the KonMari Method and it was a success
- Buying: a custom made screen door
- Getting: excited for Christmas holidays
- Bookmarking: blogs on Bloglovin’
- Disliking: Brendan Fraser. Nothing will change this.
- Opening: books that I’ve been meaning to read for three years
- Giggling: all over Shannon’s Kitchen. She swears fucking better than me
- Feeling: vague but willing to shake it off aka Taylor Swift style
- Snacking: on cheddar and apple
- Coveting: any trace of dark chocolate and orange
- Helping: my son to understand running off and hiding from me is not cool
- Hearing: Jim Croce’s Photographs and Memories album