It’s that time of year where I seem to want to reset everything, shed a few kilos, eat only organic food, stop boozing/swearing/snacking/apologising… you know, New Years resolution time.
For the last two years, I have had the same two resolutions:
1. Finish our renovations
2. Use coasters
We have now finished the renos. Coasters. Well. Coasters are for houses where toddlers don’t dwell. Imagine asking a two year old to use a coaster. Ha! Alfie barely wears pants in the house, let alone popping his sippy cup on a vintage teak pinapple drink mat!
I read a rad resolution list on the train home this week following a boozy beer and dumpling session with my buddies. You can read it here on Extraordinary Routines. In my boozy state, I was totally inspired to make my own list of realistic resolutions.
This is them:
- Read more (books, not phones).
- Get a radio alarm clock so I don’t check my phone first thing in the morning, instead listen to Smooth FM.
- Go to the beach.
- Send letters to my grandparents regularly.
- Learn to cook great vegetarian dishes.
- Read magazines or books on the train, not my phone.
- Take a lunch break. Every day.
- Stop using plastic bags.
- Use night cream.
- Write about heaps of good stuff.
- Keep my car clean.
- Pat my Cheef Dog.
- Eat at the table with my family every night.
- Kiss my husband on his forehead before we go to sleep every night.
- Be happy. Don’t worry.
It’s been 17 years since I’ve been on a skateboard. If I can teach my kid to ride a bike, surely I can teach myself to skate a board?
Happy New Year good people. May 2016 be rad and a super happy year for you.
|Ahhh The Beach|
|My sensational pals|
|Indented Head. Where I’d rather be|
|With all the ice cream|